Antoinette Poisson, Paris
The Marquis de Pompadour Manifesto
(Full Name: Jean Antoinette Poisson, 1729)
1. Become a lover of art and wallpaper - or « dominoterie » as they called the artisanal technique in 18thC France.
2. Live in Paris
3. Meet heritage restorers : Jean Baptiste Martin & Vincent Farelly.
4. Go to their Atelier: A Paris chez Antoinette Poisson.
5. Engage in an enchanting conversation with the restorers.
How they came across fragments of the historic domino paper in a hotel particular in Auvergne, and became so obsessed that they decided to revive this long gone art.
6. Order rolls of their fantastical hand blocked domino paper made from the archives.
7. Surround yourself with the poetry of your dominoterie in the salon, whilst waiting for your Louis.
8. Attend the masked ball at Chateau Versailles.
My bijou cloakroom covered in boutons de rose, is my nod to the Marquis.
Pom Pom, The Atelier pet